GOVGUAM AGENCIES’ ENERGY AUDIT FUNDED BY ARRA
The Guam Energy Office, through its contractor Taniguchi, Ruth, Makio Architects (TRMA), has completed the Government of Guam Line Agencies (GLA) Energy Audit Report for Phase I & II under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 State Energy Program.
The energy audits were completed for 15 agencies, consisting of 51 buildings, of which 49 were or will be retrofitted for energy conservation measures that will include lighting system, roof coating, HVAC improvements, plumbing and appliance systems.
Copies of the energy audit reports are available for download.
- Various GovGuam Line Agencies
- Department of Administration (DOA) – Data Processing
- Department of Agriculture (DOAg)
- Department of Corrections (DOC)
- Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse (DMHSA)
- Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR)
- Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS)
- Department of Public Works (DPW)
- Department of Youth Affairs (DYA)
- Guam Energy Office (GEO)
- Guam Fire Department (GFD)
- Guam Police Department (GPD)
- Guam Public Library System (GPLS)
- Ricardo J. Bordallo Governor’s Complex – Adelup
- Department of Education
- Department of Chamorro Affairs
Disclaimer: For purposes of determining savings, the energy audit report assumes air conditioning units and lighting are operating on a regular cycle during the day. If the air conditioning or lighting is not operating, the power bills will be lower than the “benchmark” assumed by the report. For example, prior to the retrofit, Guam Energy Office many times managed their usage and kept their lights off during the day – but the energy audit report assumes they would be on. The report benchmarks what it would be if the lights were operating and compares the savings by replacing with more efficient lighting, occupancy switches, and zoning.
GOOD FOR YOU. GOOD FOR GUAM.